Check out a list of fun activities and free services over the summer.
Some Quick Ideas:
- Check out your local library for summer activities
- City Recreation Catalogs have great activities including camps, sports and classes. City of Concord, City of Walnut Creek, City of Pleasant Hill.
- Discover and Go through the local library offers discount tickets to activities.
- Plan fun science activities at home to incorporate learning, you can learn safe science activities like building your own home volcano.
- Use scraps from paper towel rolls, scrap paper, etc. and make arts and crafts.
- Make sure staying up late does not get out of control.
- Make sure your children still have a consistent wake up time and don't let them sleep in too late.
- Keep a consistent routine, meals, and schedules that are a little more flexible than the school year.
- Keep the chores routine going and add additional chore routines to practice for the year.
- Practice skills over the summer like writing, math and of course reading.
- Read, read, read!