* Is the school using Response to Intervention (RTI) to provide extra help to struggling students?
* How does the school determine that all students are receiving high-quality instruction?(If large numbers of students are not making acceptable progress, the instructional program should be examined.)
* How will the school provide parents with information about the specific RTI process being used?
* What information about RTI has the school, school district or state provided for parents?
* Will all parents be notified of their child's screening results?
* What screening procedures are used to identify students in need of intervention?
* What are the interventions and instructional programs being used?
* What research supports their effectiveness?
* What process is used to determine the intervention that will be provided?
* Will parents receive information on how to help their child at home?
* Will students receiving interventions miss important instruction?
* How will interventions be delivered so the student isn't made to feel different?
* What length of time is allowed for an intervention before determining if the student is making adequate progress?
* What progress monitoring is being used?
* What are the types of data that will be collected and how will student progress be shared with parents?
* Is a written intervention plan provided to parents as part of the RTI process? At what point?
* Is the teacher or other person responsible for providing the interventions trained in using them?
* When and how will information about a student's performance and progress be provided?
* At what point in the RTI process are students who are suspected of having a learning disability referred for a formal evaluation?
* How will the information gathered during RTI, such as progress monitoring data, be used to determine the student's need for special education?
* What is the difference between RTI and special education?
* Are special education services more helpful than RTI?
* If my child is already receiving special education services how can RTI help?