Basics You Should Know About Visual Processing Disorders
- Visual processing disorders are also known as visual perceptual processing disorders
- They affect how the brain perceives and processes what the eye sees.
- These disorders can occur without impaired vision of any kind.
- Like all learning disabilities, visual processing disorders can be a lifelong challenge.
- People with visual processing disorders have problems with the way they interpret information, but what others will notice in people with these disorders is the behavior that happens after the difficulties occur.
- There are several types of visual processing disorders, each affecting different aspects of visual information processing—see “Visual Processing Disorders” for more information.