Friday, March 15, 2013

A Sibling of a Special Needs Child Needs a Respite

My youngest coming towards me angry swinging his hands and yelling. As he is moving closer, I try to get up off the ground; scared, tired, and overwhelmed wondering what type of damage my four year old son is about to do to me. Moving quickly after my back surgery was hard and painful, but I have to move because he is coming at me. I have to protect myself and my oldest son. My night in shining armor steps in and starts taunting his younger brother, It works the younger one now goes after his brother which gives me time to get up off the ground and able to move in and protect both myself and my oldest. Austin, who is six, now takes on the job as protector. Once again the thoughts come; over flowing:

To read more visit All in Need, Family Support Blog

No comments: