- Tell us a little bit about your job
I'm the Program Specialist for 8 elementary schools (El Monte, Hidden Valley, Monte Gardens, Mountain View, Pleasant Hill Elem, Sequoia Elem, Westwood and Wren), two middle (El Dorado and Sequoia Middle), one high school (Concord High), alternative high school programs (Summit/Nueva Vista), and Contra Costa County Office of Education programs (Mauzy, Los Cerros and Green Valley Elem). I support the teachers and administrators at these schools by providing them trainings, consultation and attending complicated IEP meetings.
- What inspired you to get into the field?
Right after I graduated from UC Irvine, I got a job as a classroom aide in a special education school. I really enjoyed working with children with exceptional needs and continue to pursue in a career to help children and families.
- What is your professional goal? Have you reached it?
My professional goal is to either become a professor at an University or to become a SELPA director. I have not reached the goal yet. My main focus right now is to be a loving husband to my wife and a great father to my 22 months old son.
- What do you like best about your job?
Working with my colleagues to help students and families.
- If you could change anything about your job/services you provide what would it be?
I really enjoy training principals, teachers and aides and I wish I had more time and opportunities to do this.
- What are your hobbies/interests outside of work?
I love spending time with my family.