Saturday, October 13, 2012

Our Special Lives - Autism

By Editor from SpecialNeeds.com

CaféMom introduces the YouTube series Our Special Lives. Each episode features a different family with a special need child and we are able to take a look into their lives, their challenges and their joys.

In the first episode we are introduced to Sydnee Jorgl the mother of 11-year-old twins Jake and Ian. Jake and Ian were around 12 months old when Sydnee started noticing that Ian was not developing as fast as his brother Jake. It was then that Jake was evaluated and diagnosed with Autism.

“Having a child with autism is something I never thought I would have to deal with”, says Sydnee. “It’s really changed me, I think, for the better. I think it’s made me a better person”.

“Be proud of your child with a disability.” She adds. “They’re amazing, and they process the world differently. Just the fact that they’re doing what they’re doing is already amazing. They’re heroes really.”

Article HERE.



No comments: