Thursday, October 11, 2012

IEPs: Questions + Answers

From LD OnLine

Frequent questions:

Question 1: What should I do if my child has an IEP but is not making any progress?

Question 2: I am considering moving to a different state. Can my child, with an active IEP, transfer into another program? Who do I need contact to make this transition?

Question 3: Can schools change classes of a child with an IEP without parental permission? What are a parent's legal rights in this?

Question 4: I am concerned my child's school is not really following her IEP. What can I do about this?

Question 5: How do I know when my child no longer needs an IEP?

Question 6: My child has a disability and I would like her to begin physical therapy. Is it possible to have the school district pay for this?

Read more HERE.

No comments: