7 Tips for Gluten Free Lunches
- Buy a fun lunch box for smaller kids
- Invest in sturdy, reusable containers for less waste
- Get a good thermos and lunch size cooler or cooler bag to keep things hot and cold
- Let kids help plan their own lunches to be sure they will enjoy what’s in it
- Substitute Sunbutter (from sunflower seeds) if your child is in a nut free classroom or Barney Butter(Almond Butter) if they can’t have peanuts for peanut butter. They taste just as good, but are allergy friendly.
- Remind small kids not to trade any food with friends and not to try anything from anyone else
- Pack a treat – Even if it’s bite sized or an encouraging note or stickers. It’s hard work being gluten free at school!
Read more of the Gluten Freeville article HERE.