Monday, June 4, 2012

Top Ten Lessons Learned this IEP Season

By Dennise Goldberg from The Friendship Circle Blog


Another IEP Season has come and gone and just like every IEP season I learned a few things.  You might remember from my last post that I work as a Special Education Advocate both professionally and for my own son who is graduating from elementary school.
It has been a very stressful IEP season as I had to deal with my son’s transition IEP and many of my clients had very complicated issues revolving around mental health, bullying (by Students, Teachers & Principals), discipline and expulsion.
This is in addition t0 the MANY annual IEP meetings we attended for existing clients that were not related to specific incidents but rather necessary to update their education programs for the coming year.
Read more HERE.

No comments: