Monday, June 4, 2012

Parent praises Valle Verde Elementary’s magnet autism program and teachers

By Theresa Harrington from On Assignment - ContraCostaTimes.com

During Autism Awareness month in April, I received a very touching email from Eva Marie Considine, whose son attends the autism magnet program at Valle Verde Elementary in Walnut Creek. She wanted to share her son’s experience in the preschool and kindergarten programs with the community, to demonstrate the major impact the program and its teachers have had on her son, Soren.

In response, I visited her son’s classroom and wrote about her email, as well as what I saw: http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci_20764856/students-thrive-magnet-autism-program-at-walnut-creeks. However, due to limited space, I was not able to include everything she wrote in her email. With her permission, I am posting her entire email below:

“I wanted to play my part in celebrating Autism Awareness month this April by shining a light on the positive work that is being done for my son, Soren. He attends Valle Verde Elementary School in Walnut Creek where they have a spectacular early intervention program starting with an academic preschool that feeds into mainstream Kindergarten classes.

Read more HERE.

No comments: