Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Father’s Day: What Makes My Son Special

By Doug Goldberg - Featured, Special Education Advisor Blog

Over the years, there have been many famous quotes about the responsibilities of a father. As Father’s Day approaches this Sunday, the three that speak to me the most are:

“Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a Dad.” (Anne Geddes);

“I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection.” (Sigmund Freud); and

“It is a wise father that knows his own child.” (William Shakespeare)

I think these three quotes, in particular, speak to me because of who my son is. I’ve spent the better part of the last year documenting, in my blog, my son’s many struggles but I don’t think I spent enough time documenting who he is becoming. He is not special because of what he cannot do but for who he has become!

Read complete article HERE.

No comments: