1. Description of job and responsibilities:
As a Program Specialist, my job is to support various school sites, their Special Education departments, and mental health programs throughout the district. I travel to the sites, facilitate IEP meetings, provide site support and staff development opportunities, and attend monthly meetings with various service providers.
2. What inspired me to enter this profession?
As a Resource Specialist in the district, I found my passion inworking with students with special needs. I want to continue to work in this field while focusing on mental health concerns and providing support to teachers.
3. What is your professional goal?
My goal is continue to work as a Special Education administrator in the district and perhaps continue my education by getting my doctorate in Special Education.
4. What do you like best about your job?
I enjoy visiting school sites and working with teachers and staff to ensure that the needs of all our students are met.
5. If you could change anything about your job/services you provide,what would it be?
I love working in education and I hope that it becomes a priority in our state. We need to invest more in our children's education to ensure that they become happy, healthy, and productive members of society.
6. What is your contact information?
Phone: (925) 628-3104