Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Get to Know Your CAC Blog Committee - Morena Grimaldi


Name: Morena Mejia de Grimaldi

Number of children in District: I have a sixth grader in a Special Day Class.

Why did you join the blog committee? I joined the CAC blog committee to familiarize myself with one of the ways our community stays connected and informed.

What other areas do you help out in the special education community? I work as a Special Education Assistant in the Augmentative Alternative Communication (AAC) classroom at Woodside Elementary; I am a member of the MDUSD CAC Legislative Committee and also of the MDUSD Quality Indicators for Assistive Technology (QIAT) committee; and I serve as a Commissioner in the California Advisory Commission on Special Education (ACSE) as the parent of a child with special needs.

What do you do for fun? I like to learn new things. Because I do not have much free time, I like to watch documentaries on PBS while cooking or doing other housework. When I have time I like to read, swim, watch movies, and go new places with my family.


No comments: