Monday, March 22, 2010

Interview with Jeanne Cunningham, School Nurse at Gregory Gardens Elementary and Robert Shearer Preschool



What inspired you to work in this profession?

What inspired me to work as a nurse? I was curious about health and illness
and interested in helping others get well.

What are your professional goals?

I want to keep up with the latest medical and nursing knowledge and put it into practice. Now that my children are grown, I hope to branch out a bit into a clinical setting.

What do you like best about your job?

I love working with the children, staff and colleagues.

What do you like to do in your time off?

Anything outside! I love to hike, garden and ride my bicycle. I enjoy being with loved ones and friends and playing a good game of Scrabble or Quiddler.

If you could change anything about your job, what would it be?

It would be to work at an on site clinic and to provide direct nursing assessment/care, and health education to children and families.

Contact Information: cunninghamj@mdusd.k12.ca.us

No comments: