Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Get to Know Chris Wilburn


Description of your job and responsibilities:

I am the Administrative Assistant to Dr. Mildred D. Browne who is the Assistant Superintendent, Pupil Services and Special Education. In addition to the normal clerical duties, I am responsible for any special projects (for example, H1N1 data report to County Health, CDE reports, MGT Report, Verification Review, etc.) that I can assist with for Dr. Browne. I also participate with the CAC; I take the monthly minutes for the committee and provide other clerical tasks. I interact with parents all of the time and I assist other Administrators whenever I can.

What inspired you to work in this profession?

I was cut from Bank of America about ten years ago, due to reductions. While trying to figure out what I was going to do next, I considered the school district because at one time in my life I wanted to be a teacher. However, I did not finish college and the thought of working either at a school site or in the district office appealed to me. I was sure that with all of the skills I had there might be something I could offer the district.

What is your professional goal?

My professional goal always is to hone the skills I possess, to be open to changes in the workplace and to leave people with the feeling that I’ve done a good job for them.

What do you like best about your job?

For me, the best part of my job is the people I work with and for. Communication and having relationships with the people I work with help make my job interesting, easier and even fun.

If you could change anything about your job/services you provide, what would it be?

I would like to have a cleaner desk, which I think is indicative of the increased work load we all have gotten due to budget reductions. Having said that, I like my boss and I like being a team with her. Plus, I am here to serve our students, like we all do; that is rewarding in itself.

Contact information:

Chris Wilburn
(925)682-8000, ext. 4047
wilburnc@mdusd.k12.ca.us

No comments: