Parent Teacher Conferences are upon us. Please remember that elementary schools will be following an adjusted schedule during conference time. Here is some tips for having a successful conference:
1. Ask your child if there is anything that he would like you to discuss with the teacher.
2. Prepare a list of questions beforehand, write them down and bring them with you to the meeting.
3. Arrive promptly and stay in your allotted time.
4. Begin with positive comments about the teacher or classroom.
5. Ask for some work samples in different areas.
6. Ask about your students learning strengths and weaknesses.
7. Mention what your child shares regarding his/her school experience.
8. Avoid lengthy discussions of topics that are not related to the purpose of the conference.
9. Be open-minded to suggestions from the teacher.
10. Take notes about what has been discussed to share with your child.
You can find more tips HERE and HERE and also HERE.